Learning from mistakes: the October/November issue of ‘the osteopath’ out now
19 October 2015
The latest issue of the osteopath is now available and can be read on this website. The magazine includes a round-up of GOsC news, other health news, research updates, book reviews and more.
The lead article looks at the most common concerns raised by patients. Communication and consent are recurring themes when patients raise concerns and in another article the National Council for Osteopathic Research explores how best to gain patients’ informed consent and involve them in decision-making.
Other articles include:
- the GOsC’s activities in the past year;
- carrying out the duty of candour in practice;
- prioritising and planning CPD;
- how to act on suspicions of child abuse;
- osteopathy and the performing arts; and
- an osteopath’s account of observing a GOsC Council meeting.
In addition there are FAQs, Bookshelf and Backchat.
Back issues of the magazine are also available on ‘the osteopath’ page of this website.