Continuing Professional Development and Peer Discussion Review Guidance
We are consulting on draft guidance on our new CPD scheme and the peer discussion review, which is a key element of the new scheme.
Documents to download:
- Consultation document and response form (Word)
- Draft Continuing professional development guidelines (PDF)
- Draft Continuing professional development guidelines (Word)
- Draft Peer discussion review guidelines (PDF)
- Draft Peer discussion review guidelines (Word)
- Online consultation response form
- Diversity questionnaire
Our new CPD scheme aims to better support osteopaths to maintain and enhance practice. We want osteopaths to participate successfully in order to achieve these goals. The scheme is outlined in the Continuing Professional Development Guidelines (CPD Guidelines) and the Peer Discussion Review Guidelines (PDR Guidelines), which aim to give osteopaths all the information they need to participate successfully in the CPD scheme, gain reassurance and professional support, and continue to enhance their practice.
The purpose of this consultation is to:
- seek feedback about the clarity of the guidance ahead of the new CPD scheme coming into force from 1 October 2018, and
- identify further resources to help osteopaths participate in the CPD scheme successfully, achieving the anticipated benefits of the scheme, which include professional support, learning communities and enhanced patient care.
We would like your views on the draft guidance. The feedback we receive will be taken into account in the production of the final guidance.
This feedback will help to inform the final versions of the CPD Guidelines and PDR guidelines, and will also inform the guidance, ideas and resources on our dedicated CPD website at cpd.osteopathy.org.uk.
You can complete and send us the online response form or send us your completed Word consultation response form (contained in the consultation document) by email to: email@example.com or by post to:
Continuing Professional Development and Peer Discussion Review Guidance consultation
General Osteopathic Council
176 Tower Bridge Road
London E1 3LU
You can also download the Word versions of the continuing professional development and peer discussion review guidelines and either type or write your comments directly on the guidelines and return the documents to us by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the address above.
The deadline for responses is Monday 14 May 2018
We are asking some specific questions that we would like responses to, but you are welcome to offer any comments you wish. All feedback will be taken into consideration.
We will publish a report about the consultation and the responses we have received. If you would prefer your response not to be made public, please indicate this when sending us your views.
We would also like to ask you some questions about you. Completing the diversity questionnaire is optional, but we would welcome information about our respondents. The information you provide will only be used for the purposes of analysing the consultation responses.